Unlike other shelters that place a time limit on how long guests can stay, Mustard Seed Shelter recognizes that repairing a lifetime of brokenness takes time. Our guests stay, on average, 3-6 months. During their time here, we assist them in putting together pieces of their life that had fallen apart. We begin with the basics, such as helping them obtain all their identification. We then work with each woman to set goals that will help her get out of the crisis situation.
- Recovery and crisis resolution support groups
- Individual counseling sessions
- Life skills support group
- Parenting skills training
- Mental health assessments and treatment referrals
- Assistance with goal planning
- Money-management services
We do this in a safe, secure, home environment.